- Start with wiping your teeth with a cotton swab to get any excess saliva and plaque off your teeth.
- Now let’s prepare the mixture. So I have my Lemon juice made from a freshly squeezed lemon and my baking soda. Chemicals in baking soda break down the discoloration of your teeth, instead of just bleaching it like many strips or gels do. In a small bowl, mix both ingredients till there is a slight bubble.
- Using a Q-tip gently coat your teeth with the mixture and leave it on for exactly 1 minute.
- Don’t leave it on longer than a minute or else acidity from the lemon and abrasiveness of the baking soda can erode your tooth enamel.
- Rinse out with water and brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste normally. Brushing and rinsing in generally are extremely important and are major part of good oral hygiene. You should rinse with a little baking soda after each meal to prevent dark spots on your teeth!
- Use this treatment in conjunction with good oral hygiene and diet once every 2-3 weeks. Frequent use can also erode enamel.